Pakistan is a developing country and incidence of poverty is very high. More than 1/3rd population is living below the poverty line. Government of Punjab is making all out efforts for welfare of the poor people and has undertaken many initiatives for poverty alleviation. Zakat & Ushr Department has planned to initiate a Sustainable Economic Empowerment Program for Permanent Rehabilitation of the skilled youth by providing them financial support from Zakat fund so that they may be able to start their own income generating business and earn their livelihood in a respectable manner.
All businesses related to the trades in which the candidates got certificates from PVTC can be selected. Preference will be given to the labour intensive projects, manufacture goods and value added products for permanent rehabilitation of selected skilled candidates of Vocational Training Institutes (VTIs) functioning under control of Punjab Vocational Training Council (PVTC). Some of the trades are mentioned below:
- Tailoring shop
- Garments manufacturing
- Beauty Parlor
- Motor bike or vehicles repairing shop
- Butcher shops
- Computer composing or designing shop
- Auto Mechanic
Any other business for which training obtained from VTI.
- An adult Muslim eligible to receive Zakat under Shariah
- Middle however, higher education will be preferred. Educational criteria may be relaxed by the PMC where required
- Not to be a beneficiary of any other government or private fund
- Pass out of Vocational Training Institutes (VTIs) functioning under control of Punjab Vocational Training Council (PVTC)
- Selection of trade, location on needs basis considering appropriate marketing and networking
- Relevant experience in the respective job/trade/business